In keeping with Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Secretary of State for Tourism, “2020 was a shock, over 60 billion euros in income for French tourism is lacking”, i.e. one third of the turnover achieved in 2019. With the Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent imprisonments, home revenues fell by EUR 29 billion and people generated by overseas vacationers by EUR 32 billion. The evaluation made on the seventeenth Nationwide E-Tourism Conferences, held final October in Pau, is harsh and and not using a detour begs for “Modernization of the sector and adaptation to the evolution of practices and wishes of vacationers”.
“Innovation is a standard thread”
Two routes explored for nearly 18 months by Tourism Lab, developed below ADI Nouvelle-Aquitaine. “This devoted construction is geared toward all corporations and gamers within the tourism trade: start-ups, SMEs and enormous prospects. The frequent thread is actual innovation “, guarantees Marion Oudenot-Piton, ADI’s leisure mission supervisor, who runs the tourism laboratory with Manon Cosson. However what are we really speaking about in a market with 90% SMEs? “The objective is to begin with the enterprise issues expressed by tourism professionals to think about and suggest options. We assist corporations and join numerous entities in a really fragmented, very specialised sector and with many intermediaries “, defines the La Tribune Marion Oudenot-Piton. Construction has simply received a European grant for the Digitour mission with companions from eight different European nations for the distribution of innovation vouchers to finance coaching and different cooperation tasks.
Eight startups supported
And in January 2022, Tourism Lab’s method turns into a bit extra actual with the announcement of the primary promotion of eight startups chosen for the combination of Tipi 535 (for modern tourism, inspiring tasks). This new tourism incubator was launched in collaboration with Unitec, La Rochelle Technopole and Technopole Hélioparc with the assist of La Cité du Vin, Siblu, UCPA and SNCF TER Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Eight winners, all from New Aquitaine, had been chosen from 35 entries by a jury of ADI and its companions. “The modern dimension, but in addition the query of the enterprise drawback, the potential marketplace for the answer and the curiosity aroused among the many members of the jury had precedence in deciding on the winners”says Marion Oudenot-Piton.
- CelR : Created in 2015, the Bordeaux fintech platform, led by Erwan Simon, a former Cdiscount worker, provides its prospects options that enable them to higher attain their prospects and future prospects, particularly by promotional provides. On this case, CibleR will provide communities, retailers and tour operators to implement solidarity commerce actions by: “Free and commission-free vacationer present card”.
- Meals Index for Good (FIG.): This affiliation has developed a device that permits restaurateurs to diagnose the eco-responsibility of their actions and point out methods to enhance it. It’s Elise Baron who runs the mission.
- Candy Tour: This platform, led by Guillaume Lorette, intends to supply “distinctive and unique routes to uncommon lodging and vacationer services” favoring totally different standards: smooth mobility, gradual tourism, nature and many others.
- Sea Paths : Connecting vacationers on the French coast with sailors who personal sailboats that can be utilized as half-board lodging and good recommendation: that is the aim of this part by Joseph Durand, David Fily, Ian Fournier, Sophie Fournier and Francois Watine.
- Contact room: this answer provides hoteliers a digital welcome e book permitting prospects to entry through QR code all info relating to their keep, room, room service, concierge, risk to specific their opinion and many others. Mission led by Sylvain Galtier.
- CREATE is aimed on the rising variety of vans customers on French and European roads, providing “tools service that provides accessibility, modularity, excessive load capability and safety “. Behind this product are Théo Leali and Pascal Bernard.
- Toog brings collectively professionals in leisure and tourism who wish to provide discounted off-peak time slots and people who find themselves on the lookout for last-minute exercise. “Good plans at discounted costs near house and higher visibility for professionals”convinces Benjamin Gueroui, mission chief.
- Trippez is a collaborative platform, created by Alexandre Plougonven and Benoit Tauty, for the rental of sports activities and leisure tools to attach folks with others and other people with professionals.
From February, eight winners will profit from annual assist in work on the construction of the answer, market qualification, constructing a marketing strategy, and looking for companions. Added to this can be a particular module supplied by Tourism Lab and its companions, consisting of three three-day classes dedicated to sectoral points reminiscent of tourism legislation, main traits within the sector and even getting in contact with tourism actors in New Aquitaine.
Initiatives already subject examined
The Tourism Laboratory additionally helps two experiments with modern options applied within the subject by corporations in summer season 2020 and 2021:
- In response to a name for concepts from GIP Littoral, the Maplage.data answer, developed by Iris Interactive, goals to centralize and digitize info associated to ‘seaside’ locations, for instance. The platform collects and compares numerous knowledge (water temperature and high quality, climate, crowds, flag shade, security, rules, sensible companies, parking, and many others.) to make it out there to customers in a cellular utility or on-line. media managed by native authorities and different journey companies. The service has been examined on 17 seashores of the island of Oléron in collaboration with municipalities, and the experiment can be renewed in 2022.
- For its half, the Béarn Pays Vacationer Attractiveness and Growth Company (ADT 64) has chosen the Hupi answer with the Tourism Lab to higher handle and distribute tourism in excessive mountain areas. The renewed curiosity within the mountains noticed in 2020 and 2021 has certainly had a big affect on the conduct of some locations within the Pyrenees that aren’t tailored to accommodate such a lot of folks. The checks can be repeated this summer season.
“In each instances, we nonetheless must refine the problems of offering info in a well timed method and to the appropriate folks”, says Marion Oudenot-Piton. A 3rd experiment with Cress, ATIS and Unat will quickly start to advertise wards for the reuse of textiles and furnishings in social tourism services.